Updated on September 7, 2015
Happy accident. I love when that happens! While working on something for a new client looking to eliminate dairy, I was reading about so many different cheese alternatives. Days later, half asleep, randomly I opened my fridge and pulled out a fresh bag of organic brazil nuts. Then from my pantry I pulled out some salt and pepper, extra virgin olive oil and some curry powder and BOOM- this amazingly easy and delicious spread was born. I love exploring and coming up with great discoveries! Must have been hiding in my brain somewhere!
Here’s how to make this simple and savory spread:
Combine the following ingredients in your Vitamix or other “super-sonic” blender of choice (a small food processor would work as well). Blend until relatively smooth. You may have to stop and start a few times and use a knife or spatula to keep the mixture moving. I made it semi-thick but you could add a bit more olive oil and/or water to thin it out if you prefer.
- 1 cup of raw organic brazil nuts (I use Woodstock brand)
- 1 small peeled raw garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of filtered water
- 2 tablespoons of high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder (I used Simply Organic brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (based on preference)
Also great as a spread on toast or a sandwich! Enjoy and let me know how yours turns out by leaving a comment !